Friday, June 5, 2009

Mother's Day Tea


The one other thing that I have been wanting to share is the Mother's Day Tea that the kindergarten classes at Aidan's school hosted. All the Moms (and Grandmas, Aunties, and Friends) were invited. We started in the all purpose room at Aidan's school and it was decorated with lots of pretty flowers. All of the children (about 60) went on stage, stood in front of the microphone and said in front of the whole crowded room:

1) their name ("my name is...")

2) why they loved their mom ("I love my mom because...")



The week prior Aidan was so nervous. Almost to the point of tears. So, when I went I felt a little nervous for him too. I waited for him to come out, and waited, and waited. I started to get a little nervous thinking what if he just decides there is no way he is going out to the microphone. Finally after listening to 55 other kids or so Aidan finally came out he said:

1) My name is Aidan Holma

2) I love my mom because she plays games with me

and he had a picture of he and I playing the Wii. It was really nice and really, really cute. After the students did their presentations all the moms went to the lunch tables and sat in their spot with their own special name card. Waiting for us was a little key chain the kids made and a beautiful card. The kids stood in line and got their moms some punch and a cookie and served their moms and then went back in line to get something for themselves. So polite!

It was really one of the highlights of kindergarten.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, that is so sweet! It sounds like Aidan is getting so many chances to face his shyness in kindergarten. It sounds like a wonderful day.

    P.S. - I love the kid hamming it up in the background of the bottom pic.

    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy & Jason, you should be so proud of Aidan! He is really doing a good job about overcoming his "sensitive side". Aidan, I'm very proud of you, keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete