Thursday, February 25, 2010

Long time no blog

You can always tell when things are up in the Holma-Ritualo household without even talking to any of us. What are the clues? No blog posts for one. This past week has been a really long and tough week. Full of ups and downs. No just downs. Work has been tough. I have been staying until at least 7:30 every night and I leave not because I have finished what I needed to do but because I can not physically do any more. Or because if I stay longer I can not get a ride home because the boys will be a sleep. When these kinds of things happen I kind of disassociate myself from everything. I shut down. Riding the metro 15 stops or so is exhausting and lonely at night. Having someone turn the lights out on you in the office because they don't think any one is still in the office is just plain sad. Trying to manage to pull it together in front of your family after having an exhausting week takes so much will. Crying while talking to your sister and walking to Doris' house from the metro at 8:30 pm is kind of pathetic.

I am grateful for:
Having a job in this economy.
Having health insurance for my family.
Having two wonderful boys who still love their mom after she has been late at work every night this week.
Having a husband who only tries to make it easy for me and make me feel better.
Having a husband who keeps it all together.
Having a sister who doesn't care if she gets a call from a blubbering idiot.
Having family who love us.
Having bosses who appreciate and respect my work.
Having friends who I can lean on.
Glee
Shaun White
Nyquil
Sleep

Good night!
PS I will try to put pictures up of Leo's Birthday. Better late than never right?

6 comments:

  1. Working full time is exhausting, being a wife and mother and working full time is darn near impossible. Just know that your family loves you and appreciates all that you sacrifice for them. love you lots, Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, way to keep the home fires burning. You are a great husband and father, we are very proud of you. Love you lot, Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you sister. Sometimes work is hell, but at the end of the day, what is the alternative.

    Hang in there. Are you guys coming down this weekend. Alice in Chains and all that. Would love to have you. It might be a nice break. Us girls and the two little boys could have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the support and kind words and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all wonderful and I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you all in my life!

    ReplyDelete