Wednesday, March 24, 2010


I arrived in Geneva yesterday (Tuesday) at 7:30am. Our flight was delayed by about an hour. I ended up being on the same airplane as a work colleague and so we taxied to the hotel together. We arrived at the hotel and they told us that they were overbooked and we both had to move to one of their "sister" hotels basically across the street. I was supposed to be staying at the Epsom and now I am staying at the Jade. Besides being a little inconvenient, the hotel is really nice as you can see from the pictures. My favorite part about the Epsom was the wonderful breakfast. The one here is nice but they get their food from the Epsom so the choices are fewer but otherwise it is great. I slept less than an hour on the flight so when I arrived I was exhausted also my room wasn't ready when we got in so I had to entertain myself for an hour or so. 

I didn't have any meetings planned for Tuesday so I did a little shopping for an hour returned to room and slept for an hour or so. After, I showered, I dressed and headed out to get some fresh air and shop around. I had lunch at a creperie near the cathedral. The weather on Tuesday was amazing. It was sunny and mildly warm. I got my souvenirs for my family and friends.

Later, I did a little bit of work and then I met some work colleagues for dinner. We went to one of their houses and she cooked amazing Thai food. We had fresh spring rolls, soup with prawns, curry chicken, and salmon in a very fresh chili sauce. For dessert we had movenpick vanilla ice cream with bananas flambe (including the flame). She is an amazing cook and I only wish I could cook half as good as she can.

Today (Wednesday) I have been in meetings all day. I arrived back at my hotel at about 5:35pm and worked until about 8pm on a statement I have to deliver on Friday. I met my previous boss for dinner at a wonderful restaurant and arrived back to my hotel at about 11:30pm. I am not that tired but I know I will be in the morning. I will take some Nyquil to see if it will help me sleep.

I talked to Jason today and it sounds like the boys are doing great. Leo got new swim goggles and is so excited to use them tomorrow.

 
Hint, hint Aidan and Leo. 
These are for you!
 Love you all day, love you forever. Love you to the farthest star in the sky and back!

3 comments:

  1. Great pics. The room looks nice. The boys liked the last pic the best. We miss and love you. Your boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you probably told me you were going to Geneva, but of course I forgot. I imagine you have quite a few people you would like to see when you are there.

    I am glad the weather is cooperating.

    I hope you have a great time and a safe trip home. You might even be home already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, like thotlady, i didn't know you were going to geneva either. how inconsiderate not to tell me. okay, i'm just kidding. (for those of you who don't know, which includes everyone but amy, i'm a former colleague in washington). trade you places?

    have a great time while you are there. let us know next time you are in the pnw.

    cheers,
    peter.

    ReplyDelete