Friday, July 16, 2010

Earthquake! Yes, I said "Earthquake"

We had an Earthquake in Maryland this morning at 5:04am. The epicenter was located in Gaithersburg (by the target we go to...you know the man-made lake, Hamburger Hamlet, shopping area, etc). It was a 3.6 and Jason and I both woke up to experience it. I only woke up because there was a loud boom and Jason woke up from the boom and he felt the house shake.

Everything is fine. Many people didn't even feel it including Doris (to be fair, she had a really stressful week and needed some serious, knock-me out, sleep). The metro was fine-miracle of miracles-because Metro is affected when it rains, its too hot, or a feather falls on a track.

I was late getting in today because I was watching the news for too long because I just couldn't believe we actually had an earthquake.

4 comments:

  1. We saw it on the news. I told Bogie to call you, but it was a bit late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw it on the news and couldn't believe it. Kind of reminds you of home huh? LOL Did anything get broken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was totally crazy. Nothing fell, broke or shifted. For me, it was really the loud boom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, hot, hot.hot. No end in sight.

    ReplyDelete