Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How we beat the heat

It has been so hot this July. I have been sleeping in the basement for most of the summer. Aidan and Leo take turns sleeping with me downstairs. I'm not sure why they like it so much but they do. I suppose it's like camping for them. I don't know how Jason does it but the heat doesn't really bother him at night. I can't stand it but he makes fun of me because I like to sleep downstairs where it is so cool that I have to use three blankets. I just think the blankets covering me make me feel cozy and comfortable.


This past weekend the boys stayed cool while spraying each other with the hose. The wanted to do it on both Saturday and Sunday. We don't have a front yard really but we know how to make the best of it. All the while making sure our plants are watered too.


Right after the boys got done playing outside with the hose we got this crazy, tornado storm that flashed through the city in about 15 minutes but left over 200,000 households without power including ours. We lost power at about 3pm on Sunday and didn't get it back until about 1:30am the next morning. That was totally lucky because Becs and Jake and Dorisita just got their power back today (WEDNESDAY!!). When we lost power we decided to all sleep downstairs because it was way hot upstairs. When the power came on, the washing machine started, the TV upstairs was blairing with static, practically all the lights were on upstairs--it was crazy and really bright! The storm cooled things down for a couple of days which was great but its hot again today.

The boys have been trying to stay busy but also find things to do that are outside the house. Jason is super good at thinking of things to do that allow them to stay cool while entertained. They went to the Baltimore Aquarium yesterday after swimming and today they took advantage of the free movies and saw Night at the Museum: Battle at the Smithsonian.

The boys need to get to bed so I'm going to stop here. Sorry I didn't have a chance to reread the post.

Nighty-night.

1 comment:

  1. I love that first picture! Those boys always know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete