Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Beginnings

I have a new job. I started on Monday but I am taking the rest of the week off so I that I can reboot. On Monday, I spent most of the day filling out paperwork and taking a tour of my new building. I feel like a kid, getting to know my new building, figuring out where the bathroom is, where the cafeteria is and trying not to get lost.

It's fun and exciting and seems silly. I'm happy.

I miss my friends at my previous job but I know we will always be friends. Besides, I'm only 8 blocks away or so, on the other side of the national mall.

My great friends and colleagues took me out to lunch to celebrate new beginnings. I'm so fortunate to have such kind, fun, good humored, and thoughtful friends. We had a delicious meal at Oyamel and laughed and talked. It couldn't have been better.



(Doris, Amy, Becs, Sarah and Joan)

I'm hoping with my new job, that I will have more time to write on the blog and start again to share our goings on.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so, so excited for you and your new job! I just know it is going to be a great move for you (and your sanity). Let me know when we are meeting up for lunch! :-)

    ReplyDelete