Monday, August 29, 2011

1st Day of School

Well the day finally came-the end of summer and the beginning of the new school year.

Aidan started 3rd grade and Leo started kindergarten. Leo got the teacher we hoped for, Mrs. Stewart. She was Aidan's kindergarten teacher whom we adored.

Last night we let the boys choose the menu for their last night of summer vacation meal. Not surprisingly we had papa johns pizza and ice cream sundaes. Our friend Tina came over to celebrate the last night of summer vacation and we challenged her to bit of Wii dance party. She rocks the Katy Perry songs!

This morning the boys were up at around 7am got dressed in some new school clothes and we took a few pictures. Breakfast was a bit thin for both of them due to nerves but they were both in high spirits.

Doggy snuck away to school in Leo's backpack. When we arrived at school Leo got right in line with his class. You could tell he was a bit nervous because he got quiet and his face was serious but no tears and he was ready to go. He has dropped off and picked up Aidan from school for 3 years now, I think he was happy to get to do it all on his own this year too. Aidan wanted Jason to walk him to his classroom and when he arrived he had a few tears due to the nerves but marched into class like a real trooper. We are so lucky that his best friend William is in his class too and about 4 or 5 friends from soccer are also in his class!

Mom on the other hand had lots of tears when we left school. I know that Leo is more than ready for school but I still find it very sad for all that it represents, growing up, independence, separation, years if schooling ahead, etc. They have done amazing and we couldn't be more proud but the tears are flowing today. I'm at work for a few hours trying to keep distracted then will go home for pickup! I really can't wait!











- Posted using BlogPress from
my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. The Holma Boys are rocking Luxmanor Elementary School!! Aidan and Leo - I am so proud of you. I can't wait to hear about your first day and see all the papers and folders you've brought home. Aidan, I know you love all of my questions, so get ready to answer them!! I want to repeat the Pizza and Sundaes dinner again with both of you, too. I love pizza and sundaes, that sounds like a perfect dinner. You guys are SUPERSTARS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good on the first day of school! I hope you had a fun time and that you don't have any homework on the 1st day! :-)

    P.S. - I LOVE that last picture! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete