Monday, June 11, 2012

3rd Grade Poetry Tea

The 3rd Graders hosted a Poetry Tea last Friday to show off all they learned in school. Each student read one of their poems to the audience. Aidan read an acrostic poem. Here it is:

SOCCER
by Aidan Holma
Seeing my friends after school.
Oh, it is so much fun to play
Can not get any better
Calling for the ball
Everyday I wish I had soccer practice
Running to score a goal

From Wikipedia: An acrostic (from French acrostiche < post-classical Latin acrostichis < Hellenistic Greek: ἀκροστιχίς, from ancient Greek: ἄκρος 'highest, topmost' + στίχος 'verse')[1] is a poem or other form of writing in which the first letter, syllable or word of each line, paragraph or other recurring feature in the text spells out a word or a message.


5 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm proud of you, Aidan! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grandma Joan. It was touch and go for a while. He got a little teary eyed in anticipation of reading his poem but his teacher came over and sat with him and talked with him while he was waiting for his turn. When it was actually his turn, he did AWESOME!

      Delete
  2. That was so great. I am so proud of you. I didn't know we had a poet in our family, but now I sure do. What a wonderful poem and you did a fantastic job reading it.

    Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job aidan. your presentation was excellent.


    love,

    pa and crow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were fantastic Aidan!!! Good job! I want you to write an acrostic about me now! :)

    ReplyDelete