Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Aidan's Poetry

Kick Me

I am a soccer ball.
I love to be kicked around.
Inside of me is a world of soccer balls.
I am the color of black and white like zebras.
I make the sound of a lion's roar.
I dream of traveling the world.
I wish I had human size feet.
I fear dogs chowing on me.
My home is in a bag.
At night, I want someone to come play with me.
Will you play with me?
--Aidan Holma

Guinea Pig Talk

I wish people in Peru would stop eating my kind.
I wish people would stop mistaking me as a rabbit or an overgrown hamster. Oh no, my cousin is going to Peru.
Well maybe he'll make it back alive. Uh oh. There's a person, he's picking me up, he's putting me in a cage. Good bye cruel world.
We're in a car. This may be my last breath of air. What? I'm in this house.
He gave me food and water. I'm still alive.
Oh what's this fluffy stuff under my feet?
There's toys and brick.
What's that brown thing over there?
It's another guinea pig.
This is better than the wild.
I'm going to eat.
This is a guinea pig paradise.
--Aidan Holma


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. Very impressive. I always knew you had the heart and soul of a poet. You are one super kid and I love you with all my heart and soul. Love Oma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, Oma! Maybe we have a Poet Laureate in the family!

      Delete
  2. Loving the guinea pig talk! I may have to write it out & frame it. He should do one about chickens for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Auntie Rushell. I read Aidan your comment and he smiled and very shyly suggested that we should print it out for you and he could sign it. Then Leo said "in cursive" because cursive is a big deal don't cha know!

      Delete
  3. Aidan those are really good and very interesting I Love the way you view things and can write it down. See ya in about10 days grandma Jackie and I are so excited to see ya all, Love crow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are super excited to see you and Grandma Jackie! Boys were all smiles when they heard it was only 10 days away!

      Delete
  4. OMG read these out loud for Grandpa Russ & Carla. We loved both poems, Aidan. It takes a special person with insight to write like this. Wonderful job, Aidan!

    ReplyDelete