Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not in the clear yet

Today when we woke up the parking lot in our complex was literally one gigantic sheet of ice. The sidewalks were sparkling and glistening and sheer ice. I set out this morning very, very slowly to the bus stop. I thought I would have to wait 10-20 minutes for the bus but to my pleasant surprise the bus arrived in about two minutes. I'm thinking, "Awesome!" this is going to be a breeze. I arrive at the metro station no later than 8:20/8:30am. I got on the metro and it just went down hill from there. I will spare you all the details but I didn't end up getting into work until 10:00am! No exaggeration. But whatever, I was planning to have a good day. The office was pretty empty. I would say only 1/3 or so of the staff made it in and most people got in after 9:30am.

School was cancelled for Aidan because of all of the icy roads which was good because as the title says, we are not in the clear yet. Aidan woke up this morning throwing up. He got what Leo had and spent most of the morning until about noon vomiting. The rest of the day was spent resting in bed or on the couch and watching movies. He took three naps. He has not taken a nap since he was 3 years old! Poor little Aidan. We're hoping school gets cancelled again tomorrow so that he can have another day of rest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gee wize. H said you have Amy I hope not and jay please dont get it . we are off to vagas for superbowl tomorrow. I cant wait. we do have to get up early thourgh cause our plane leaves at 8.00am. we will call from there talk to you late, love pa and crow. go cardinals. bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little Aidan, I hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete