Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snow and Stuff

Today we woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground. S*N*O*W. It was just a dusting but we were all super excited. Yeah, I know, snow is a regular occurence in Seattle but not here. We want it so bad. It was really light, powdery snow but snow is snow and the boys were excited to see it. Unfortunately with the snow came extremely cold temperatures. It was below freezing here and I think they said it was supposed to be/feel like 12 degrees. That is deep-down, bone-chilling, painful cold. The boys gave me a ride to work before taking Aidan to school so that I didn't have to wait outside in the cold for the bus.

Today was another difficult day at work. I have been in a bit of a bad mood for about a week or so and part (most) of that is work related. It is hard to explain. It's been an extremely busy week in the office and mostly unpleasant.

Jason took the car to the shop because the check engine light has been on. We have a rental (a PT cruiser-weird!) and have to have $1,100 of repairs done. The minivan is sounding better and better. After dropping off the car, Jason and Leo enjoyed a half hour at Chuck E. Cheese.

Furio is visiting DC and we had a meeting from 2-4:30 today which was good (not unpleasant). After work, I went with Furio and Gabriella (Gabriella works with Furio) to pick up their car and they gave me a ride home. They dropped me off at home and went shopping for an hour and then came back for dinner and games. Doris came over too. The boys really like Furio. I told Leo earlier in the week that Furio was coming to DC and he said, "He funny." Furio and Gabriella have not been to our house before so Leo and I showed them around the place. Leo was showing them everything including the bathroom, the sink in the bathroom, the toilet, his bathtub and toys and his towel. It was very cute. After dinner (I made enchiladas again, salad, rice) we played Wii bowling. Furio and I duked it out in tennis. The first shot I missed and he gave me the old thumb to nose na, na, na, na, na, na. As it turned out I creamed him in tennis. Aidan and Furio played tennis and baseball. Gabriella played cars with Leo and he loved the attention.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a good time was had by all. I wish I could have joined you. I really like the Wii tennis.

    Who is Furio? Have I met him?

    ReplyDelete