Friday, February 6, 2009

Not Much Going On

So, there is not much going on around the Holma-Ritualo household. It is super cold here. Yesterday, it was 13 degrees when I went to the metro. It just gets under your skin and in your bones. This morning the boys were eating waffles. I forgot to put syrup on the waffles (they usually have peanut butter, jelly and syrup-could we add any more sugar?) and Aidan reminded me. I said, "I forgot the syrup? I'm falling down on the job" and Aidan said, "Are you trying to cut out the caffeine?" Is that a hint or what about what is going on in our house!

I went to a chiropractor-natural medicine-quack doctor on Tuesday. I have been searching for such a doctor since we got here and 4 years and three doctors later I have found her. I'm very excited to see how it goes over the next few months and I will keep you posted. But...point is she said I drink too much coffee. It's true. No doubt about it. I drink too much coffee. I drink about 2 cups on average in the morning at home, and then I get a medium/grande coffee at work, and then occasionally 2 times a week I drink coffee in the afternoon. The biggest problem with coffee is it is a diuretic so you have to drink two glasses of water for every one cup of coffee. Anyhoo, long story short I have tried to cut down to one cup of coffee a day and it has been fine. I wouldn't go so far to say good but it's fine. As it is Friday, I am feeling a little worse and really want more coffee but let's see.

This weekend we don't have much planned except that we are going for a family play date at Aidan's classmate Kentaro's house. We are going tomorrow at 2pm. Other than that we don't have a lot going on over the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great weekend. No plans for us. My husband (did not want to use his name here) is getting a hair cut tomorrow morning from our neighbor. I would like him to wear it short again...I don't see that happening though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Jason, the movie buff I went to see Taken last weekend. I thot it was very good. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys its Crow and I just want to say thankyou again for doing such a good job on the blog. Love it Iam just coloring my hair and thought I would drop you a note. I hope everyone got out this weekend and had some fun. We might be getting some snow tomorrow and Tuesday. I just want to say Love you all and thanks for keeping us Posted. Love Crow and Pa. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete