Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Weekend

Our weekend has been filled with some relaxing, some Wii and hanging out with friends. Yesterday morning Aidan, Leo and I went to the Great Harvest Bread Company and got a pumpkin muffin and juice. They have one of the best pumpkin muffins. Upon leaving the bread store the "I need gas ding-ding" kept screaming at us so I figured I had better stop for gas. I hate getting gas and to be perfectly frank I was a bit annoyed at Jason for leaving the car empty. After that we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond (B,B&B) to buy a new toaster. Our toaster of six years finally conked out on us. You may remember that we got that toaster from Grandma Helen when we moved back from the states in 2003. If I remember correctly she didn't want it because it was too high-tech. I hope Grandma Helen is happy to know that we used and abused that toaster for six good years. After B,B&B we went home. I know I am going to come across as a wimp here but I could not manage another store. We were supposed to go to the grocery store too but lugging the kids around from store to store, on a busy crowded people day (from the stores to the roads) was really not my idea of a good time. I was spent, gave up and drove straight home.

The reason I wanted to go to the store is because I was planning to make chili yesterday. For some reason I was really craving chili. I didn't have all of the ingredients so I couldn't make it and was a bit disappointed when lunch came around. Nothing seemed interesting to me at lunch time and out of desperation I started rummaging around in the freezing when what to my wandering eyes did appear??? A plastic container that brought a sudden tear. It was full of Crow's Chili, the Chili Premier. Needless to say I was most happy.

Jason, Aidan, Marcia and Allen Wii Racing (Aidan beat everyone just about every time)
Coincidentally, we went to Gracie and Sabrina's house yesterday for dinner and Allen made, you guessed it, Chili! It was delicious as was everything else he made. He made tacos with chicken and poblano peppers, rice, and regular taco meat and for dessert we had blueberries, strawberries, pears and clementines. We had a great meal and played Wii and Wii fit. We played a car racing game and on Wii fit we walked a tight rope, did the down hill ski jump, and hit soccer balls with our head (and got hit a couples of times with shoes and other crazy things). It was a lot of fun. I think we'll save our money and try to find a Wii fit too. Aidan was cracking up when people crashed on the down hill ski jump and turned into big snow balls and when people fell off the tight rope.

Jason, Sabrina and Fairy Princess Gracie
Today I am making Chili - Ha! I'm trying a turkey chili recipe. If it is good, I will add it to my recipe list on the left side of the blog. I will make cookies too-I'm thinking chocolate chip oatmeal with a hint of cinnamon. We are having Aidan's friend from school (Kentaro) and his family over and we will make pizzas for dinner and play and visit with his family. I haven't taken a shower yet and it is almost noon but then again it is Sunday.
Bonne Dimanche!

No comments:

Post a Comment