Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Away

This weekend we decided to get away to enjoy being a family. I have been feeling a little disassociated from my family. Work has been particularly grueling and upsetting and for the most part I don't get home until after 6:30pm which leaves me about two hours to spend with Aidan and Leo. It doesn't feel very good. I get an email once a week from Marriott with special weekend rates so I did some browsing around Maryland and Virginia and found a good deal in Hagerstown at the Springhill Suites so Saturday at about 11:30 am we headed to Hagerstown, MD (only about 1 hour away). We checked in to the hotel at about 1pm and went out and got some lunch and went to the outlet mall. After that we went back to the hotel and went swimming in the indoor swimming pool. The boys LOVED the pool. Aidan and Leo were having so much fun.

A little diversion but we are laying in bed watching a movie and the boys both want to contribute to the blog so here are their thoughts to share with you...

Leo's contribution: I love pool all day. Cars. Polar Express. and Madagascar. Oh, and Flushed Away and Polar Express and Cars and Polar Express.

Aidan's contribution: I brought a bunch of stuffed animals. I brought Panda and his little bear. I loved that area. It was so much fun. We left this morning, now we are in bed watching Kiki's Delivery Service. Leo is watching the movie and I am helping mommy say what I want to say. Kiki is a good movie. Daddy is in a magic lesson. Mommy and Daddy have a messy room. When we were leaving and we were in the car it was a long drive but we stopped in a mall and had lunch. Well it wasn't fun when I started lunch but when I was eating my lunch it was fun. I ate all my lunch and I got a cupcake. And then we went home. When we got home I writed in my journal and then I got to play the Wii. Daddy went to his magic lesson, we had dinner, then me and Leo were playing, and then mommy turned Kiki on, then we are writing in the blog.

The nice thing about staying in a hotel and going away is that you don't do all the mundane things (i.e. dishes, cleaning, laundry, grocery store, etc.) that you do at home and you actually just concentrate on each other and enjoying each others company. After swimming, Jason went out to the Olive Garden about 100 yards away and order takeout and we had yummy dinner and spirits.

In the morning we went down to breakfast and then Aidan, Leo and I went down to the pool again while Jason showered. Aidan is doing so great swimming. He can actually float on his back all by himself and for quite awhile. Leo loves being in the water. He just likes floating around and playing in the water. At about 10am we went back up to the room, showered and dressed and lounged around the hotel a little longer. At about noon (check-out time) we started back home. We stopped in Fredrick MD and found a little coffee house next to a canal and we had lunch. As Aidan noted, no one (except me) was excited to be there or eat there but Aidan at all his lunch when it arrived and Leo ate soup. Afterwards we had great coffee and the boys got hot chocolate and Leo had a peanut butter cookie with a kiss on top and Aidan got a mini-cupcake with lots of frosting. The coffee was fantastic and they made four little hearts out of the milk on top. I loved it!

That was just about our weekend. We had a great time.

4 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! and I loved Leo and Aidan's contribution to the post. I'll have to remember to keep the computer away from Aidan if he's visiting my house because he'd sure write "Sarah has messy room; messier than any I've seen before. Panda also thinks it's messy" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds wonderful to me. Maybe that's what we need, just to get away from it all.

    Sounds like a Calgon commercial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! If your room is messy, Aidan will definately call you on it. He told Doris her room is messy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should drop the pups off for the night at our house and get away somewhere nearby. It definately helps!

    ReplyDelete