Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Holiday and Travel

I just wanted the family and our friends to know that we have made reservations to come and visit this summer. We really look forward to seeing everyone. We will arrive July 21 and return August 3. On a side note, it is extremely expensive to buy four airplane tickets especially in a one-earner income family. I know I totally should not be surprised. I travel pretty frequently, right? The tickets that we purchased on an invidual level were priced pretty well. I really should not complain but when they total it, it is still a bit of a shocker. Also the expenses just come at a difficult time when we are trying to get Aidan into summer camps. We could only afford one, one-week soccer camp. You can't believe how expensive it is. You don't want to get me started but it is REALLY, REALLY expensive. I don't know how other families do it! For families with both parents in the job market, they have to scramble to get their kids in camp and then come up with over $2,000 for camp and change their work schedules to drop off and pick up. I think we should have year round schooling (seriously!). We may try to get him into one more, one week camp but we will see.

Back on point ... we are really looking forward to Ethan and Aidan getting reacquainted and playing together. We are also looking forward to Leo and Riley getting to know each other again as well. I'm super curios to see how the boys all end up playing together. Leo is used to playing with Aidan and Leo is totally into being a "big boy". I'm working on his one-year scrapbook and he is not impressed because the album is full of baby pictures. He asked me where the pictures of him as a big boy were. Also whenever I have called him "my baby", he correctly replies "I'm not a baby". Of course I told him he will always be "my baby". But what I am wondering will Leo and Riley want to play together orwill they want to play with the "big boys" and will the big boys want the little guys to play with them. It should be interesting.

Aidan had his first day of soccer camp Monday. The drop did not go so well but on the pick up he said he had a great time. Yesterday's drop off went much better. He was EXHAUSTED both days when Jason came to pick him up. After camp on Monday, they went to pick up some soccer shorts and cleats and he did not want to take off his shin guards. Even after they got home and he was going to take a shower, he didn't want to take them off immediately. He asked if he could put them on after his shower, with is pajamas. It's so cute. Yesterday at camp they also had about an hour or so for swimming. He gets to go to the pool again today around 11:00 am. He is taking his soccer camp with his friend Willam. On the first day, William was really sweet when Aidan was dropped off. He wanted to hold Aidan's hand and walk and sit with him at the start. Here is a picture of our soccer champ.

He looks so big, doesn't he?


2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!!!!! Amy and Jason and Aidan and Leo are coming to visit!!!!!!!! Patrick, Laurel, Jack and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!! In addition to being expensive, traveling cross country with little kids is exhausting. So thanks for coming this way!!!!!!!!! We fully intend to visit you, but I DREAD the flight so I will put it off as long as possible. Love, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Heid! We can't wait to see you too. I can't wait to see how big Laurel is in person and if our dear Jack will remember us! Traveling across the country IS exhausting-we've been talking about christmas in July because the boys always get new toys and fun foods to entertain them on the airplane. Leo has also been asking if he can watch the ipod on the plane.

    ReplyDelete