Friday, February 5, 2010

It's the Big One




Gracie and Leo Bust a Move

This past weekend we did a prep run for the big snow that we are expecting this weekend. Allen, Marcia, Gracie and Sabrina came over to sled, play in the snow, eat cheese, drink hot chocolate, and bust a move. As you can see from the video the kids had a great time dancing around. We were dancing to Bust a Move as sung on the TV show Glee. Cha and Doris love Glee, they got me into it, I got Marcia into it on our trip to Philly, she got Allen into after she got home and I got Jason into it. If you haven't seen it you should download a few episodes from iTunes and believe me you will be hooked.
Sabrina eating cheese

Anyhoo, that was a TV show tangent. We have fun with them. The kids had fun sledding. Gracie cruised down the big hill though I'm pretty sure she was supposed to stop before going down the big hill. Sabrina went down with a neighborhood 2-year old and they seemed to have fun. After they wore themselves out outside, they came in and had chocolate and of course marshmallows. Leo likes to take one bite of the mallow and hand it to me. Can you say "Sticky!" Gracie said about Aidan, "He is bigger than me, but he still let's me play with me." It was very cute.

Gracie Bustin' a Move

Jason and Allen chillin' after a hard day in the snow. I mean really, who doesn't love a Negra Modelo?

So now we are supposed to get a ton of snow dumped on us. This is the announcement that I received from Montgomery Country on the expected snow fall:


-----Original Message-----From: Alert Montgomery [mailto:msg4319@alertmc.info]Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 10:24 AMTo: Alert Montgomery Users Subject: Alert Montgomery

The National Weather Service has increased the amount of snow predicted for Montgomery County to 20 - 28 inches. To assist the county in clearing streets of snow the Montgomery County Department of Transportation is requesting residents limit on street parking to areas where off street parking is unavailable. Please park in driveways and off street as available. This will facilitate snow removal operations.
Thank You


Of course everyone is going crazy. The stores are packed and people can't get enough Milk, Cheese, and toilet paper. Do people really not have enough tp to get them through the weekend? Doris went to the grocery store three times. Jason went and said that some guy whooped in the store because he finally found ground beef! I think it is slightly bad as well because people are trying to prepare for the superbowl. Here is a picture Jason took with his camera when he was at the grocery store. This is the cheese isle:


Who knew that cheese was a storm staple?

Today I worked at home because of the impending snow storm and because I had a meeting with a contractor that is about 1 mile from my house. They had early release from school and a four hour early release from my work. Of course because I was teleworking I didn't benefit from the extra four hours. Hardly seems fair but I guess that it the whole point right? I think it was the right thing to do. You don't really want a bunch of crazy panicked people exiting the city at dark. That would be quite disaster.

Sadly this amazing storm has meant that Jesse couldn't come visit us. He tried to change his ticket to leave on Thursday but that didn't work out and then he got on an earlier flight on Friday but that just ended up getting cancelled as well. It seems that all flights to DC were cancelled today. We are totally bummed and we know he is too. We just hope that he gets to visit us in nice DC weather when we can take him out to see the sites. Aidan was terribly disappointed. I think he was looking forward to having someone to pound on properly! His old dad is just to fragile :)

We will keep you posted with regular updates on the awesome snow storm.

1 comment:

  1. I love Glee, have been hooked since it's first episode! The kids look like they're having fun. Can't believe your grocery store! Stay warm. Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete