Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow update

Here we have chronicled the snow fall through pictures starting yesterday evening and going through lunch time today. We woke up around 8am and opened our front door to about 18inches of snow. We couldn't even get the door open without shoving snow out of the way. You can see more from the pictures below.
Yesterday, Friday night at 7:34pm
Yesterday, Friday night at 10:17pm
We went to bed very excited in anticipation of the snow. On the news they said it would look very different in the morning compared to what it looked like when we went to bed. They sure were right!

Today, Saturday morning at 7:57am

Today, Saturday afternoon at 12:37pm (after shoveling out our car and part of our sidewalk)

We went outside around 11am this morning to check it all out. The snow is very deep. We have about 22 inches now. We went for a walk around the neighborhood. There are few cars on the road except for the snow plows. Even the busy street outside our house is covered in snow although they have been plowing all morning. We tried to find a good hill to sled on but didn't have a lot of luck. The hill in the back is not such a good sledding hill anymore because there are tree branches down all over the place. We are (and I hate to write this for fear of jinxing it) very lucky in that we still have power. Apparently 90% of the people in our zip code are without power, including Doris.


Today, Saturday afternoon at 12:37pm (our back porch)

During our walk we decided to walk home on the trail that goes under the street (near the pond) but we didn't make it there at all. I got stuck in the snow! I tried to get out of the street to walk towards the trail and fell over face first in the snow. I reached my hands down to push myself up on all fours but the snow went up to my shoulders and my face was planted in the snow! I was cracking up and tried to turn over on my back but still couldn't get up. I had fallen and I couldn't get up! Jason had to come and rescue me but it was even hard for him to reach me because the snow was up to his knees. We decided to stick to the street and walk home which was probably a good idea.

This morning for breakfast we made some sausage and banana chocolate chip muffins. We gave the rest of our muffins to the poor guys who are outside shoveling all the walks in our complex. They work so amazingly hard all day and all night plowing our complex and shoveling our walks.

We are really enjoying the winter storm of 2010!

2 comments:

  1. This looks familiar. Reminds me of the big snow storm of December 2009! It's a good thing you all like snow! Maybe no school or work tomorrow. HOORAYYYYYYY Love Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Oma and Opa. We LOVE the snow. We took a walk today to the 7-11 and got drinks and candy. I got a hostess apple pie which I haven't had since I was probably 14. Aidan chose the Hershey's cookies and cream candy bar, Jason a snickers and Leo the six pack of mini Hostess powdered donuts. We just found out that Aidan doesn't have school until Wednesday which should be interesting because we are expecting MORE snow on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete