Friday, March 25, 2011

DC United (3) and Columbus Crew (1)

 

Last weekend we went to the DC United home opener. It was the most exciting DC United game we have ever attended. They scored 3 goals...more in one game than the sum of their first 10 games last season. Maybe that is an exageration but not by much. We had seats in the uber-fan area so we ended up moving to the other side of the field so that we could sit down for the second half of the game. Leo was cheering and getting all excited during the game and Aidan was remaining as cool as ever. Leo also kept looking for the cotton candy guy. Jason let us leave about 10 minutes early so that we could avoid the rush and get out of the stadium calmly and without the bum rush of a crowd. It was a fun game.


On the Sunday following, we got up and drove down to the Lincoln Memorial and ate breakfast on the steps between the Lincoln Memorial and the Potomac. We haven't been there in so long! Leo said, "What Mom? Has it been 5 years?" I told him that he remembers coming there so maybe it was about 1 year ago. Time has no meaning when you are five.

After we had breakfast, we took a trip to my new office. We dropped off some books, pictures and tres important papers. I really don't know why I kept some of the things from my old office and then brought them to my new office because I have the feeling I'm not going to use them but whatever...it was fun for the boys and Jason to see my office. The building is enormous. We figured out that you could walk around the building just on one floor and walk 0.6 miles. Lots of people walk at lunch and at the end of the day around the building.


3 comments:

  1. What a great weekend. Great pictures too. Love Oma and Opa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos, looking forward to seeing you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys looks like you had a great day.Go DC United love it thanks for the birthday song it was the best and made me laugh my head off. Love ya guys Crow

    ReplyDelete