Wednesday, March 16, 2011

8 days on the job

Officially, my new job started two weeks ago...on February 28. When I arrived I didn't even have a place to sit. Fortunately, I had planned to take the rest of the week off so that I could regroup and refocus and relax. My new organization was extremely kind.

My second day was then Monday, March 7. I arrived with an actual place to sit and to my surprise a telephone! The computer on the other hand was a totally different story. At 5pm on Tuesday, March 15th I finally entered the electronic age and have a computer. Could you imagine that it takes an organizations with 100,000 employees all over the world over 2 weeks to get an employee a computer? At this point there have probably been over 20 people involved in this process. Each day I met someone new who claims to be working on this computer request or who thinks they can help.

I feel like a new person connected to the world again. Okay so I can't really complain that much because I got an iPhone during the same time. (Love It!) But I digress... Today was an actual efficient and normal work day. I felt good. We had meetings and they went well. Reflecting, I can't believe I have really only been there for a week and half and I'm already telling people what they should do and how they should it (that is my job). I'm scared that my honeymoon phase is leaving too quickly. I was hoping for more time to reflect, read, and become aware. That seems to be slipping away so quickly.

I took a picture of my new cubicle. It was put together while I was out of the office. My colleagues, very kindly, were concerned with my privacy (because I have none) so they tried to help me with it. I took a picture with my old cell phone and I am trying to download the picture. Stay tuned because it results in a bit of a chuckle.

I hope everyone has a Happy St. Patty's Day. Inspired by Barb, I am cooking corned beef, cabbage and potatoes--only I am cooking it on Friday instead of tomorrow! There is only so much you can do on a week night.

mydogspace.com

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the corned beef and cabbage. Happy St Pat's day to you all. Love and miss you. Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is slowly working out, Amy. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete