Monday, December 12, 2011

Ghana

We left Dakar at 3 am this morning and we arrived in Accra Ghana at 8 am. The hotel we are staying in is modest but there is a pool and it is on the ocean.

We had a very busy weekend visiting villages where the whole village (at least 40 people) came to meet us. It's overwhelming and undeserved but it's interesting. These villages farm for their own consumption and now farm crops to sell. They farm maize (corn), millet, peanuts, and some vegetables like peppers, cabbage and lettuce. The women are amazing and do everything from farming, caring for children, cooking, cleaning, and they are learning to read and write. And I thought I was busy. Hardly.

My feet are covered in mosquito bites and my stomach is off and on quesy but not bad. Others have had more severe stomach issues. Cross my fingers I will remain well.

From Dakar to Accra via Banjul (the Gambia - yes, Jason it is a country) we flew Air Nigeria. That is my first and last time flying that airline.

We are here until Friday and I can't wait to go home. I wish it was today.

Live and miss you!

Hotel in Accra



My favorite tree in Senegal, baobab tree-they make candy and drinks from it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were going to Ghana too (or the Gambia) -- what an adventure! It sounds like your trip is going well and your stomach is holding strong. I hope this week flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete