Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In Ghana (yes, again)

So my Ma asked if I would blog while I was away and I couldn't refuse. I know she is less interested in what I am doing than just wanting to know that I am safe. How could I refuse that?

So I left DC yesterday Tuesday, March 20 at 11pm (EST) and arrived in Accra, Ghana at 2:30pm (Ghana time) on Wednesday, March 21. As most of you know we just arrived home on Sunday morning from a week long cruise in the Caribbean which was too fab! Yes, I am a little crazy. I will try to put some pictures on the blog of our trip when I get home. Anyhoo, I had enough miles to upgrade my ticket to business class which made my trip a bazillion times betters. There really aren't words to describe how much better business class is on an overnight 12 hour plane ride. It's just so much more civilized. I could actually recline to sleeping position and slept about 6 hours on the plane. I NEVER sleep on planes. I'm dreading the plane ride home because I don't have enough miles to upgrade on the way back. Boo, sad.

It's 90 degrees here and humid. They will start their rainy season in about a month. The hotel I'm staying at is nice but I haven't really got to explore yet because I have so much darn work to do. I ate dinner in my room: grilled spicy chicken with jollof rice and have been working since I got here. The power went out while I was eating for about 40 seconds and went off while I typing but this time it was out for about 20-30 minutes. Ugh! I hate that part.

I have to say...getting a little tired of the work trips, especially the international travel. Not sure what i'm going to do about that right now. My poor little guys were in tears when I left. I miss them so much too (and my big guy).

Here is my room:
 
Bathroom
 Room 1
 Room 2

It is a much, much nicer room than the hotel I stayed at last time.

Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip and you'll be home before you know it. The rooms looks beautiful!! Miss you, I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doris! I miss you too. The days are going my pretty fast. I was busy most of the day and by the afternoon tired too. I'll be going to bed soon (9:30pm). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that hotel looks really nice!! Where are you staying? I want to see a picture of the pool. :-)

    I hope your trip goes by quickly and uneventfully! Don't work too hard. Be sure to visit Global Mamas. We also went to a really good Indian restaraunt near Global Mamas (but take a cab or a driver) -- we walked 80% of the way as it was getting dark and after 4 or 5 people told us we needed to take a cab (including one woman who stopped her car to tell us this!), we finally took their advice!

    I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, and it will be a month before I finally do! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too Becs! Next time I see you, you will Mrs. Rebecca Kirchmer (what?!?!). I'm so excited for you! Thanks for the advice! I'm going to go to Global Mamas. I've never been there but I will take a cab! I don't plan to walk anywhere unless it is the pool :) I can't wait to see you when you get back!

      Delete