Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday at the Pool

Today is Saturday, March 24th and my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Ma! I went to bed last night at about 11pm and woke up this morning at 9:10am. That is the longest I have slept in a long, long time. I guess my body was really tired. I probably could have slept longer because the reason I got up was from a knock at my door to clean my room. I forgot to put the "do not disturb" sign on my door. Duh! I was actually glad she woke me up because I might have missed breakfast.

Breakfast for me was just a lot of bread products because my stomach has been hurting since about 8pm last night. I'm okay just ate something that didn't agree with me. I'm drinking lots of water so I don't get dehydrated if you know what I mean. Lunch was also a Clif Bar because I was nervous to eat anything else. I brought Clif and Luna bars to eat every day :)

This morning there was a bride and groom taking pictures around the hotel. It was neat. The bride was amazing in a typicaly wedding dress and the mom (I think) was dressed in this beautiful African Dress with a big, beautiful head piece. I wish I had my camera. I wanted to sneak a pic.:)

I went to the pool today and did a little reading and work. It was nice. The pool is really beautiful. Here is a pic (at Becs' request):


As I was sitting by the pool I was thinking how disappointing it was that there are no lizards here. At the last hotel I stayed at (La Palm) I saw several walking around the pool. Not to be out done by the La Palm lizards, a Labadi Beach lizard showed it's face as I was leaving the pool.



Tonight I have been invited to have dinner at a work colleague's house. She invited me over at 6pm and I plan to take a cab. Don't worry Ma, I asked the driver who has been taking me around during the work week if it was safe and he said "yes" and it should cost about $3.

My hotel has it's own private area on the beach as well. It's actually pretty nice. There is a bit more litter than I care to see but its not too bad and there are little sand colored crabs running around on the beach...like the ones we saw at Virginia Beach.



Tomorrow I plan to work more - maybe go to the pool and maybe tomorrow I will go to Global Mamas, the shop Rebecca recommended. Even if I don't go tomorrow I will definately go sometime next week. On Thursday, I am going to Cape Coast to visit staff at the University and I think there is a shop their too.

That's about it for Saturday. Still looking forward to getting home!

4 comments:

  1. Hi its Jo Mamma Thankyou for letting us know that you are all right. I care about your work but I care about you more. Thanks for the call it was great. Now i have talk to some one fron gana. Ya Baby, Hope very thing goes well and you can come home sooon Love and miss ya Crow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that pool looks so nice! Is it filled with sea water (wondering why it is brown)? When I was in Cote d'Ivoire the hotel we stayed at in San Pedro had a pool they filled with sea water. It made me a little nervous that you couldn't see the bottom.

    And the beach - wow! I didn't even see the beach at all when I was in Accra.

    You have past the mid-point of your trip and will be home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not my first time to visit this web site, i am browsing this site dailly and get fastidious information
    from here all the time.
    My page - Immobilienalanya.Net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post.
    Feel free to surf my web page :: xbox-achievements.com

    ReplyDelete