Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pants Down Races

Last Thursday, Jason told me a really funny story about the boys so I told him to write it down so I could put it on the blog. So here it is, as told by Jason:

I was in the kitchen making dinner and I could hear the boys running around upstairs and having a good time. After I was done, I went up stairs to see what all the noise was about. Here what I was told:

Jason: "What are you guys doing up here?"
Aidan: "We're having pants down races."

Without wanting to know too much, here's the explaination of a "pants down race." You pull your pants down to your ankles and then race to a stuffed animal.  I didn't ask but I'm hoping at that point the race is over and you pull your pants back up until the next race. Leo was cracking up hysterically playing pants down races.

Now pants down races has become a family game. Just kidding!!

So for those of you checking in, Leo is doing fantastic after his surgery. He is eating, sleeping and behaving as usual. He is in such great spirits. We have to remind him that he can't run, jump, or play too hard. We are still resting a lot and yesterday he took a really long nap and then at night at about 8pm he asked if he could go to bed. I said, "you want to go to bed?" and he said, "yes. it's so dark outside." I can't believe how well and how quickly he has recovered but I couldn't be happier. He is such a big, big boy. Thanks so much for all of the checking in.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear he is recovering well. I didn't realize he had the surgery already.

    What are you guys doing for Labor Day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that Leo is recovering so quickly! I know you are all so happy and relieved to have the surgery behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Leo. He is such a big boy and we are so proud of him for being so brave. We are glad to hear he is recovering so fast. How long will it take Mom and Dad to recover? We've been there and knows it takes a lot longer for the parents. Love Oma

    ReplyDelete